5.14.2011

Some things about me...

I thought I'd list some things about me that you wouldn't otherwise know unless you knew me personally.  Eventually, I will probably write something on one or more of these topics, just for fun & give my reasons for why I do them.  If you have questions, feel free to leave a comment & I will address them as best as I can.  For most of these topics, I have links that I can send you to so you can find out more about them.  Just let me know which one you'd like to know more about.  Each of these things has somehow DRASTICALLY changed either our health, wealth, and/or efficiency of our household.

  1. As a family, we have been drinking raw milk (either cow or goat) for over 6 years now, mostly for its health benefits, but also for the variety of things you can do with it that you wouldn't otherwise be able to do w/ pasteurized/homogenized milk.  See below...
  2. We make our own goat milk soap, cheese, & kefir from our milk.


     When we had a cow, we regularly made fresh butter.  Someday, I'd like to go back to owning a cow again.  I miss her!
  3. Cloth diapers (for baby) and cloth menstrual pads (for us ladies) are best!
  4. We love to make & drink kombucha--(just not while I'm nursing.)

  5. We make our own herbal capsules

  6. We make our own colloidal silver

  7. I cut hair for my whole family & sometimes even my own!  ;0)
  8. I rarely go to see my medical doctor.  In fact, I haven't been to see her for almost a year!  I prefer to see my naturopath if I'm dealing w/ an ailment.  I always get MUCH better results!

  9. I love to sew.  I find it very therapeutic.
  10. We love to shoot guns!
    these are some of my children with our dear friends, the M family!
  11. We have purposely chosen to home birth for a variety of reasons.  I definitely plan to do a post on this topic in the near future!  Too many women have been frightened into thinking that home birthing is dangerous & an impossible option for them.  I would like to help change that & calm women's fears!  For some women, it may be dangerous, but for most I believe it is not.
    my most recent little prince!
  12. Home school all the way - ESPECIALLY through high school!  We support & are members of the Home School Legal Defense Association!  I highly recommend them if you home school.
  13. As a family, we don't watch TV--we choose not to pay for cable & we live so far out in the country that (thankfully!) there is no reception.  We prefer to watch a good family-oriented movie or the old TV series w/out commercials! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!