5.07.2011

Mothers and Matthew 25:34-37

 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'  "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we..."  Matthew 25:34-37...

I heard a sermon on the radio once (I wish I could remember who said it!) where the preacher explained how closely we, as mothers, practice this passage EVERY DAY!!!  We prepare meals for our families at least 3 times a day.  We satisfy their thirst.
(Especially us mommas who nurse our sweet babies--not only are we satisfying their thirst, but they are also getting the best nourishment that God ever created for their needs!)
How much more of a stranger can a person get than to be born into a family?  Babies are, in essence, strangers to everyone when they are born.  Not only strangers, but NAKED
and completely helpless when they arrive!  We bring them into our homes, loving them unconditionally, clothing them for years to come, and nursing them back to health into the wee hours of the night whenever they fall ill.
What a privilege!  AND what an honor to know that my mother cared for me this way when I was young & helpless!  I am SO thankful for my dear mother!  
Isn't she beautiful?!  She's 79 years young in this photo!


 Anyway, going back to that sermon I heard, when I heard that preacher compare this passage of scripture to mothers, it BLESSED me beyond words!  I had often (selfishly) thought how much of my day as a mother goes unnoticed by another human's eyes.  Whenever I began to have a pity party about it, the Lord would gently remind me of how THE most important Being in the universe notices every single detail of each day I spend with my precious ones.  Knowing THAT makes it SO much more rewarding!  It always helps me to meditate on that fact & to practice doing everyday, mundane chores as though I'm doing them all for the glory of Lord Himself. (1Cor.10:31) 

  I am in absolute AWE of how God GIVES us the privilege of being wives & mothers!  What a GIFT!!!  Thank You, Jesus, for allowing me the blessing of having a godly mother who took care of me, loves me, prays for me, & raised me up in the fear & admonition of the Lord!  And thank You for showering my husband & I with a full quiver of sweet, precious children to raise for your glory!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!