7.20.2011

Celebrating my baby boy's first year!

WARNING:  If you're squeamish about blood, you may NOT want to view the following photos.  They can be a little graphic for some that have never witnessed the birth of a baby.

Yesterday marks one year that I gave birth to my baby boy, Josiah.  He has been nothing but a JOY & a wonderful, constant reminder of the grace & blessing that the Lord showers on our lives. 

He & his next older sister, Grace, have been born in the peace & comfort of our home, in my bedroom, in a kiddie pool of wonderfully, warm, soothing water, with my dear husband & dear children gathered around, anticipating the arrival of their newest sibling (all done w/ the utmost of modesty in mind, of course!)!  


 Both births were considered "unassisted" because I did not have an official midwife present.  Instead, I had a dear friend, Mrs. S, who apprenticed alongside a professional midwife during approximately 30+ births.  She was willing & MORE than able to help out.  I also had another dear friend, Mrs. M, who is a nurse that came to witness the birth and be there "just in case".  She took most of these pictures.  THANK YOU MRS. M!!!

My first look at his perfect little face!  I'm trying to hold him up closer to my chest, but his unusually short umbilical cord wouldn't let me!
  His first, sweet cry!
 
                      Mama & Papa checking out our newest olive shoot!  God's handiwork is perfect!


  
Tired, but excited to hold my sweet baby.  Labor was a short 4.25 hours.  Just waiting for the cord to stop pulsating so we can cut it.



Beautiful creation!  Praise the Lord you're here!

Of all 7 live births that I've had (I've had some miscarriages too), the two I've had at home were the most peaceful, relaxing, exhilarating, and least painful!  AND, amazingly, my largest babies!  Grace was 10lbs, 1oz.  Josiah was 10lbs, 4oz.  I really believe that birthing in the water & having my husband squeeze in my hips while I pushed, did TREMENDOUS wonders to my ability to have such an uncomplicated delivery.  Not to mention, being surrounded by all those precious people who love & care for me most!     

  You may be wondering..."What on earth possessed you to take the 'risk' of having your babies at home when there are so many hospital facilities available to 'safely' deliver babies at?"
ANSWER:  I happen to be a child of the ONLY true GOD who DESIGNED WOMEN'S BODIES TO HAVE BABIES and I TRUST Him with that event!!! 
Ladies, He knows your bodies better than anyone! God DESIGNED our bodies perfectly capable of having babies without anyone's "help". Pregnancy is a natural occurrence, NOT an "illness" to be "treated" by a doctor!!!  Of course, there are cases where it is necessary to have a doctor's input & even intervention due to health issues that are pre-existing or complicated by pregnancy, but I think I can safely say that the majority of deliveries can happen in the peace & comfort of the parent's home.  


 In my previous 5 hospital births, NONE of my doctors waited for the umbilical cord to stop pulsating  (unfortunately, I didn't know any better then...I was just trusting their "expertise").  They would just go ahead & have the cord cut as soon as the baby came out!  This is NOT a good idea!  The blood that continues to pulsate through the umbilical cord from the placenta to the baby is VITAL to the baby's health!  Read up more on this subject here.  In this photo, you can see that the cord is white (empty of any vital blood) and the placenta is in the bowl.  


Here the clamps have been put in place.  Mrs. S is handing the sterilized scissors to Daddy.

 
YAY!!!  Daddy cuts the cord! 

So precious & sweet!  All 10lbs/4oz. of him!!!  We are SO blessed!!!

Daddy is so happy & proud!!!
Precious baby, blessed by God, how I pray that you grow to know the One that created you!


Now, a year later...






Playing with his birthday balloons!



Standing like a big boy!!!



Happy to be with his big sis', Grace.





About to enjoy some yummy birthday cake with his siblings!




With Big Bro' Noah & Daddy!


Here he threw himself back in laughter when we were trying to get a shot of him 
smiling!
Proud Papa!



Proud Mama!  What a smile he has on that scrumptious face!



 Being attacked with kisses from Mama & Papa can be a bit overwhelming!  Love the look on his face!

We are SO thankful to our Lord Jesus Christ for having blessed us with each & every one of our sweet, precious babies.  They are each so unique & bear the image of God.  

We, as parents, have the HUGE responsibility to disciple them & teach them the Word of God (Deut. 6:5-9); training them to follow His instructions so that they might be blessed in this life.  May the Lord continue to grant us the wisdom we need to accomplish this great task!!!  It can be so overwhelming at times, but we know that only with the Lord's help & His Holy Spirit to guide us, all these things are possible!   We must continue to trust Him & pray that our children would somehow overlook those ugly faults that we are so good at displaying to the people we love most.  We must continually point to JESUS & the great work He has accomplished on our behalf.  He is our only hope!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!!! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Beautiful...this is amazing! THANK YOU for sharing the details of God's precious life in your family...he's a little heart-throb! Love you, miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!