11.07.2011

In loving memory of Nathaniel

I have been struggling lately to think of things to write about.  Mostly because I've been preoccupied in thinking of & praying for a dear family whom I have never even met personally.  That's when it hit me that I should write about their story & ask you all to lift them up to Jesus & remember to continue to pray for them as they grieve. 

Today marks 1 month that a sweet, precious life was taken from this earth.  His name was Nathaniel & he was only 11 weeks old.  After being in the hospital for about 6 weeks & doctors doing all that could be done for him medically, he passed away on October 10th in his mama's arms. 

Around the first week of September, I was asked on Facebook by a dear friend of mine to pray for this young family as they had taken their little darling to the hospital w/ an enlarged liver.  Shortly thereafter, the doctors diagnosed him w/ leukemia.  I closely followed his page daily on Facebook to see how I could specifically pray for him, his papa, mama, & big (2 year old) sister.  The Lord surprised me at how attached I could become to 4 people I had never even met before, just by praying for them!  I wept for each of them as I prayed that the Lord would heal Nathaniel's body.  I could barely ask people to pray w/o ending up in a puddle of tears! 

Now that he's gone, I still fight back tears thinking about how much pain this sweet family must be going through.  Every new day is a reminder of his precious life in their home.  Their grieving will be long & relentless, but I'm SO thankful that they know & love Jesus & trust Him through it all. 

Would you please remember to pray for them?  Could you please make it a point to pray for them every day?  Write it on your calendar, your journal, your day-timer.  Nathaniel's daddy's name is Josh, mommy's name is Meri, & big sister's name is Naomi.  By the way, Naomi does not realize that he is gone.  She still asks for him, calls his name, looking for him.  It breaks Meri's heart.  Please pray for encouragement, strength, comfort & peace.  Pray also & ESPECIALLY that their sorrow would soon turn to joy!  Thank you!  I also will pray that the Lord would bless each of you in a special way as you selflessly remember them in your prayers.  

                

3 comments:

  1. The story of that family did really touch my heart, I,m praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for them! :/ So sad!

    ~Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying! That is so sad...

    In Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!