8.29.2011

I'm here. Just busy working!

Over the past month or so, I've been busily working to get our kitchen counters all tiled & new sink & faucet put in.  I've had the tile sitting in boxes for about 4 years!  It was time!  This summer, I was determined to get it all done!  And now, I am almost finished.  I will post pics soon.  I promise!

Some things I've learned while doing this project are:
  1. Family comes first!  No matter how urgent I think a project can be to complete, I have my family to care for first & foremost!  My original goal to finish this was way back in July.  When I didn't meet that goal due to family needs, I selfishly grumbled a bit, but the Holy Spirit constantly shows me how we are to put others first.  Especially family!!!  He kept reminding me of that fact until I would say, "This can wait."
  2. While working, I love to put in either a music cd or a sermon.  Yesterday, I chose a sermon by Dr. S.M. Davis called, "Changing the Heart of a Rebel".  WOW!  Was it good!  If you've never heard his stuff before, I highly recommend him.  He has a way of making the practical things of Scripture pop out at you!  Good stuff!
  3.  This past week, I have had the tremendous blessing to help my daughter, Raquel, launch her new ministry:  "First Night of Freedom"!  In light of item #1, I can't tell you how much THIS ministry of her's eternally out weighs any material project on earth!  Please click on the link or the button on the right side bar & help out if you can.  It's a WONDERFUL cause & we are SO excited about it's potential to reach out to young ladies all around the world, with the Gospel of Christ's forgiveness & cleansing power!  
Thank you all for being so patient with me.  Can't wait to show you the pics when I'm all done!  Love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!