7.16.2012

Bringing motherhood HOME...

I recently read a post by a home-birthing group on Facebook that said: "I'm about to head off to bed and want to hear from ya'll: at the end of today, do you feel like laughing or crying? Why? Tell me a story..."

One woman wrote:  "Crying because I have to leave my six week old soon to return to work."

‎My heart broke reading her comment. :( 

I asked her if she knew that most states require a work place to allow at least 3 months (?) maternity time before mamas return to work & if by any chance she could cut corners & stay home for good?  I explained that that's what I did.  I wanted to encourage her because I know it IS possible & I SO wanted to help her & give her some hope. 

Making the decision we made as a couple was certainly tough at first, (and still is sometimes) living on my hubby's income, but SSSOOOO worth it!  I've been home w/ my 7 babies for 19 years now & wouldn't change it for any amount of money you could pay me from an away-from-home job!!!  Her heart was crying because she was grieving the separation between her & her precious baby.  What mama wouldn't?

Btw, my hubby doesn't make a ton of money either. He works for the USPS. It IS possible to stay home w/ our babies IF we step out in faith, evaluate our needs vs. our wants and make the necessary changes...and TRUST GOD!!! He designed us women to have that built-in nurturing characteristic to want to be w/ our babies! It's the society that we live in that "forces" us to work outside the home.   I cannot put into words how faithful the Lord has been to sustain us all these years.  I am amazed at how He does it.  All I know is HE DOES IT!  'Cause I am weak & fallen & I CAN'T do it!  My efforts can fail.  I am SO thankful for His goodness & care toward us! 

In answer to the home-birthing group's question: I go to bed MOST nights, laughing...especially when I realize how truly blessed I am in this life! My hubby & kids are amazing! On those nights that I go to bed crying, it's usually because I tried to carry my own burden instead of taking it to the Lord in prayer.

1 comment:

  1. When I found I was expecting, my husband and I both knew we wanted me to be stay-at-home Mom. We tried for children for over six years, so this was a miracle from God when it finally happened. It was a stretch for us. I was a teacher in a private Christian school and my husband worked at a factory. We stepped out in faith and God made a way for us. We cut corners and re-evaluated our lives and expenses. My daughter is 15 now and I have been able to stay home with her the whole time. I will never regret those years!


    Joyfully,
    Jackie
    My Attempt at Blogging
    Quaint Scribbles and 3 D Learners

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!