7.28.2012

The Lord is my Avenger

The fear of the Lord restrains me from saying and doing things that could be witnessed by people, that are so displeasing to God, but my mind still thinks them, thus my sinful nature clearly manifests itself fully to myself and the Lord.  :/

Even though those manifestations are (thankfully) hidden, they are still, nonetheless, sinful.  They are certainly reason to humbly ask for forgiveness to my Lord and Savior who so graciously saved me from living in them, thus, saving me from storing up wrath upon myself into eternity.  Constant reminders by the Holy Spirit encourage my heart to confess those nasty thoughts.

 BUT IT'S SSSOOOOO HARD!!! 

  
A recent event caused my heart and mind to be filled to the brim with those nasty thoughts!  So much so, that I found myself all day long, going back and forth from wanting to handle things "my way" to repenting before the Lord for the thoughts I had toward this certain wicked person that is causing a lot of havoc and harassment to my precious family.


 
All through the painful ordeal, I was constantly drawn to the Word for comfort.  And what comfort the Lord brought to me by opening the pages of Scripture!  He is SO faithful in that!  The following is a list of passages that especially spoke to my heart, almost as if they had been written JUST FOR ME and my specific situation!:  Psalm 52, 54, 55, 56, 58:3-11, 59, 61, 62, 63, and 64.



If you're going through something really tough or someone is troubling you for your faith and it just seems that they will not let up from harassing you, I encourage you to read each of these passages, one at a time, slowly, meditating on each verse.  Ask the Lord to help you to forgive and for Him to be your Avenger.  His vengence is SO much more powerful than anything we could possibly think or do to those who choose to be our enemies!  Rest in knowing that He never breaks His promises!         

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Mama. And am so proud of you. The way you've been handling this whole ordeal is inspiring.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!