8.03.2012

In loving memory of my dear friend, Rhonda

You may remember my post on my friend, Rhonda, who was battling cancer...see here.

Well, she is with Jesus now.  She's been in Glory for 6 months.  The Lord took her home on Friday, February 3rd, 2012.

She lived 53 short years.

Every day, something reminds me of her.  She's helped & encouraged me SO much & in SO many ways to feed & care for my family properly that every day, something pops up that makes me think, "Rhonda taught me about that.":  The laundry detergent that I make myself, she gave me the recipe for it.  The Young Living essential oils that we use, she regularly diffused in her home. 



The toothbrushes that my children use are ones that she recommended to me when I was going through an unusually high plethora of dental visits. :/  She shared a fabulous fresh raspberry pie recipe with me when I told her how well my raspberry plants were producing (which they are beginning to do again!).

 

She taught me about Xylitol, which I use in place of sugar.  She taught me about Kombucha & kefir.  She taught me how to encapsulate my own herbs & where to find the tools to do so.








She warned me of the dangers of vaccines & encouraged me to research it for myself in order to make an educated decision for our family.  She told me how healthy & beneficial it was to drink raw milk.


My list could go on & on & on!  These are things that I do or come in contact with every day & that have helped my family stay away from the doctor's office!         

Though my heart is terribly sad because I miss her SO much, every time I think of her, I smile. :)  The list of things that remind me of her are so random & seem so insignificant that I sometimes laugh out loud, wondering if she's able to look down at me from Heaven & laugh with me (or at me!)  :)

Her influence on my life has been so tremendous that I often wonder how I may be influencing someone.  I hope I can do even a tiny portion of what she's done for me!  I think about how much I want to be THAT positively influential in someone's life that my habits & convictions actually help someone along in life to live it cleaner, fuller, better & overall, more healthy.   This is what I hope to pass along to each of my children & anyone else who is willing to listen.  Then THEY can pass it on to their family & circle of friends.  :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!