8.18.2012

Be Fruitful and Multiply!

Obamacare has done it again!  As an Oregonian, I am HORRIFIED and OUTRAGED that it offers permanent sterilization to girls as young as 15 years old, without parental consent!!!  Read all about it here:  "Obamacare Begins Child Sterilization, Without Parental Consent"


This is just plain WRONG!  

Every time I hear of things like this, it truly humbles me & makes me SO much more thankful to the Lord of His undeserving grace & conviction that He placed on my hubby's & my heart to home school our children & teach them how being fertile & having lots of babies is a BLESSING from Him!!!



I know when I was in public school, stuff like getting sterilized would have been considered "acceptable" & who knows, I probably would have joined the bandwagon if it were not for the grace and careful protection of the Lord!  From high school, into the first 2 years of marriage to my beloved hubby, I was convinced that I didn't want any children.  They seemed to me to be too much of a burden.  Too much pain in birth and delivery.  Too much sorrow and heartache involved in raising them.  I know better now, ONLY because the Lord took hold of my heart & softened it to carry 9 pregnancies (7 to term, but twins & a single sadly ending in miscarriage).  Even though I'm thoroughly content with the blessings I've already been given, I long to have more children, but am facing the harsh reality of possible permanent infertility due to my aging body.  However, I have been using a wonderful natural product that has been known to increase fertility called "Progessence Plus Serum" by Young Living Essentials Oils!  It has helped tremendously with many other female issues I was having and am excited to see if I'll be announcing a pregnancy soon!  ;)  I am hopeful, but still content and trusting in the Lord's will for our family.



My heart breaks when I hear or read about how the blessing of fertility is so *ugly* in the eyes of our society.  All the while, shaking their heads at women who are suffering through the realization that they will never, ever bear children.  Those poor women now weep bitter tears because of a choice they made to either pursue their "dream" career, or pay off bills, or go to school, or lose weight, or spend time with their husbands(?! What better way to "spend time with your husband"???!), or go on vacation, or buy a house, or, or, or!

Ladies and gentlemen, FERTILITY DOES NOT WAIT for you to accomplish your "things"...(fill in the blank for whatever excuses you may have!)  It's a known FACT that each year that a woman ages, her ability to conceive and bear children becomes less and less possible until, finally, her fertility disappears completely.  I know of women who have made that tragic choice to purposely not have children (for whatever reason) ending up in deep depression because of it.  Sadly, there is no turning back from that point on!

Yes, I know that adoption is possible AND that some women are meant to not bear children because of God's hand in their lives, but I'm strictly talking about fertile, married women who stubbornly and purposely avoid pregnancy.

God says:  

This following photo is just *some* of the fruit and extended fruit of which was brought forth by two people who love each other, my parents (the elderly couple sitting on the couch), surrounded by some of their children, grandchildren, and GREAT-grandchildren earlier this summer!!!

  


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting such a wonderfully encouraging article! May the Lord once again bless you with the desire of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, what a good-looking family in that last pic!! ;)
    God has indeed blessed us. And don't worry, Mama...you're gonna get lotsa grandbabies...no worries!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are welcome and appreciated! Though please remember to comment in love and in a way that honors God!